One of the things I've always found fantastic about Be Quiet!'s power supplies is an excellent selection of cables and connectors with their units - the Pure Power L8 500W is no different. It has just what you need with a little bit of a twist. There are two PCI-E connectors with one on each cable. Peripheral connectors are spread out over three cables, one with all SATA, one with all Molex, and one with SATA, Molex, and an FDD connector.
The Pure Power L8 500W power supply features dual 12V rails. The first 12V rail supplies power to the motherboard, one of the PCI-E cables and all peripherals. The second 12V rail feeds the other PCI-E cable and the auxiliary power for the motherboard. Unfortunately, these aren't clearly labeled and the only way you can tell is by looking at the yellow wires. 12V2 has yellow 12V wires with a blue stripe to differentiate them.
A Look Inside
Inside, we find a tiny PCB with minimal components and cooling. Even though it will only hinder the cooling capabilities of the power supply a tiny bit, I find it odd that they've placed a sticker on top of one of the heat sinks.
A single Teapo bulk capacitor sits on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with more Teapo caps.
Be Quiet!'s Silent Wings T12025-MS-16 fan provides the active cooling for this power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung 4TB SSD teased, will cost a mighty $1900
- Samsung starts producing 16-gigabit GDDR6 for next-gen GPUs
- PUBG patched on PC, fixes performance in large-scale fights
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series