Not too long ago we reviewed the ST45SF-G from SilverStone. It is the smallest power supply we have ever looked at by dimensions and it proved to be quite a special piece of hardware considering its size. While that may have been the smallest power supply that SilverStone offers, it isn't the only lower wattage unit that they have.
Today we have the ST65F-G. This unit has a slightly larger footprint than the ST45F-G, but it is still one of the smallest ATX form factor power supplies on the market. It offers enough power and connectors to take care of a system with dual video cards and does so with 80 PLUS Gold efficiency.
Aside from the size, it shares the same features that we've come to love with the Strider Gold Evolution series of power supplies and as such, we expect this to be a great power supply.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
SilverStone's ST65F-G features a single 12V rail rated for 54A or 648W of power. The 3.3V rail is rated for 22A, while the 5V rail is rated for 20A. The minor rails are rated for a maximum combined output of 150W. The 5VSB is rated for 2.5A or 12.5W. Maximum combined output for the ST65F-G is 650W.
SilverStone has never been one to skimp on the features and the ST65F-G is no exception. The ST65F-G features a full range of protections including SCP, OVP, OCP, OPP and OTP. The ST65F-G is rated for 80 PLUS Gold efficiency. The ST65F-G is a fully modular power supply and all cables for the unit are fully sleeved. Finally, the ST65F-G is not rated for 100% continuous output at 50C, but SilverStone rates it for 100% at 40C.
SilverStone lists the ST65S-G with an MSRP of $124.99. That does make it a little bit more on the expensive side, but you can save a few bucks if you look around. Newegg currently has the unit with a $10.00 mail-in rebate and $5.99 shipping, so you can save about five bucks. The SilverStone ST65F-G has a three year warranty, which we feel is a little short in this day and age.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- EKWB release RGB monoblock for ASUS X399 motherboards
- Cooler Master introduces MasterWatt power supply series
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update available now
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard