I've tested a handful of systems from CyberPower without issue, but sometimes this system did have an issue. The CyberPower Zeus EVO Lightning 3000 SE was designed to deliver exceptional gaming performance at a really good price point. I think because of that, CyberPower didn't fill the case with fans and unfortunately it's a costly mistake. In the hands of a regular user, the lock up issue in Battlefield 4 might get blamed on drivers or an early release of the game. We were able to work through the issue and track it back to heat, but I wouldn't expect everyone to figure the problem out without the system being RMA'ed. An RMA means time away from the computer and a poor user experience.
We spoke with CyberPower and explained the issue we found and how to fix it. They are currently working to reproduce the issue in their lab, but will ship future systems with the additional fans mounted at the bottom of the case where they can push more air to the video card.
As with all CyberPower systems I've tested, I couldn't build the same system for the price the company sells the system for. At $1964, the Zeus EVO Lightning 3000 SE is a helluva deal for a gaming PC that scores in the 97th percentile of all results submitted in the 3DMark 11 Fire Strike Test at the Extreme setting. The component choices were spot on with little to wish for that could improve system performance.
The AMD FX-9590 processor was the only choice to get this all-AMD system within striking distance of Intel's offerings. The Radeon HD 7990 video card seals the deal and delivers amazing gaming performance at high resolutions with the graphics turned up to blow you away levels.
The storage system couldn't have been designed any better. The Samsung 840 EVO 250GB is the value choice, but at this time it's also the one of the best SSDs on the market. The Toshiba 2TB HDD blew me away with its 190 MB/s read and write speed - much higher than I expected from a drive simply labeled 7,200 RPM 2TB HDD.
There is still the issue with the video card cooling, but now that CyberPower knows about it, they can make changes to their production systems. It is going to cost CyberPower an Editor's Choice Award here, but given the extreme performance and low price, we couldn't deny CyberPower of a Best Value Award.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [CyberPower Zeus EVO Lightning 3000 SE]
- Page 3 [Components Close-up]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - System Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CPU and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Gaming Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Storage Performance]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo's top 10 best-selling Indie titles on the Switch
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Cuphead's should join the roster
- Mortal Kombat 11 paid beta features 5 fighters, no Sub-Zero
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced