There's no denying that the last one or two months have been all AMD. While AMD has only been launching their video cards over the last month, the month leading up to the GPU 14 Hawaii event saw leaks and talk of the upcoming models on almost a daily basis. With so much focus on what's going on with AMD, we can't deny that NVIDIA has fallen out of the limelight a little.
The whole situation is then made even worse by the fact that AMD has released their products at such a competitive price point. The only time that NVIDIA all of a sudden popped up was when we heard that they were bringing a price drop to a large number of models to compete with the new AMD Radeon R series video cards.
While all this talk was happening, though, we got wind of a new model from NVIDIA being released at their recent Montreal event - the GTX 780 Ti. As the name suggests, it's obviously designed to come out ahead of the GTX 780. That was the only answer we had, though. How much faster was the model going to be? What price point was it going to hit at? How's it going to look against the new R9 290X 4GB?
These are of course questions that we're asking ourselves and questions that we intend to answer today. Since we're dealing with a reference card today, we'll simply be moving on from here straight into the card and the specifications.
It will be really interesting to see just what NVIDIA has done with this model today. Let's dive in and take a close look now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 21 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 22 [Temperature Test]
- Page 23 [Sound Test]
- Page 24 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 25 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]