Inside the Urban T21
After removal of the panels, we can now get a glance inside of this chassis. The wiring is looped and then tied up to the HDD rack at the same place the hardware bag is attached to keep it in place, while in transit.
The 5.25" bays use these tool-free clips on this side of the bays and they can be backed up by screws on the other side. To operate these clips, twist the Tt logo to the right to unlock and remove, then to lock them in, align the pins, set the center in, and then twist the lock back to the left.
The hard drive rack is sort of old school in its design. It does offer five 3.5" bays with similar clips to what are used on the optical bays. The top bay has no clip, but will allow a 2.5" drive to be screwed into place there.
The top of the chassis offers a dust filter under the steel mesh that is much larger than the area of the four holes for the 120mm fan. A larger fan may be able to be installed in this area, but there are no other holes provided to mount them simply.
The motherboard tray will allow for an ATX or a Micro-ATX motherboard and offers a large cooler access hole. The standoffs are shifted very close to the top, and the wire management consists of the two clips on the right edge of the tray.
The floor of the chassis offers three rubber pads for the PSU to set upon and be isolated from the chassis. If the PSU wiring will allow for it, there is also room for a 120mm fan to be placed here.
Inside of the rear of the chassis there is the second 120mm fan that exhausts this chassis, and neither this or the intake fan at the front are LED lit, they are simply powered with a 3-pin connection and move air. The expansion slot covers are ventilated, and use thumbscrews to secure cards once these are removed.
Behind the motherboard tray there is maybe 5mm of space at best, so not much more than possibly some fan wiring will fit there. To the left, next to the HDD rack, there is plenty of room to store wiring or make runs to the various components.
The chassis wiring, even the fan wiring, is all sleeved black to match the chassis, and since everything is run on the front of the tray, the fact that the native USB 3.0, the HD Audio, and the front panel wires will disappear into the black chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro under $12 USD & free shipping!
- AMD could secure up to 30% of the CPU market by Q4 2018
- GIGABYTE teases its AORUS RTX 2080 XTREME 8G graphics card
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 launches October 17 for $499-$599
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner