Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 "C" 2.4GHz (800MHz FSB with HT enabled)
Motherboard(s): FIC P4M-RS300 and DFI LANPARTY Springdale
Memory(s): 2x Mushkin 256MB PC4000 in Dual Channel mode (Supplied by Mushkin)
Video Card(s): GeCube Radeon 9800 XT 256MB and GeCube Radeon 9200 SE 128MB (Supplied by Kingmax Australia)
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 7,200 RPM 80GB PATA
Operating System Used: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers Used: ATI Catalyst 3.9 (Overdrive automatic overclocking disabled)
We decided to use a slower clocked Pentium 4 processor at 2.4GHz since the two motherboards we used for testing are mainstream products and not high-end so the chances are you will have a processor clocked around this speed rather than higher. We used the slower PATA HDD over SATA since the FIC motherboard does not include SATA support.
All of the latest chipset drivers from Intel and ATI were used as found on their support websites. Memory timings were set exactly the same on both motherboards - 2.5-8-3-3. AGP aperture was set to 128MB for every test and Fast Writes was enabled for every test with Vertical Sync disabled for every test. Apart from disabling Overdrive and Vertical Sync within the ATI Control Panel, everything else was left at default settings and no part of the system was overclocked.
As far as the onboard video settings go - it was allocated 128MB of the system memory in the BIOS and nothing else was changed. Keep in mind that in all onboard video tests that the total system memory is only 384MB apposed to 512MB for the two other products.
Now we've taken a look at the test system setup, let's move onto the benchmarks!
SiSoft Sandra 2004
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) 2004 is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
In our first benchmark of the day we see the Intel 865PE based on the DFI LANPARTY motherboard take the lead by a small margin.
The gap widens in this benchmark for the 865PE taking a fairly demanding leading in the memory bandwidth department.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 3 [Features]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001SE]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4, Jedi Knight II and Aquamark 3]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 12 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- PlayStation VR changes will be 'dramatic' over next 10 years
- Apple rumored to be working on 31.6-inch 6K display
- Metro Exodus dev talks ray tracing on next-gen consoles
- Star Citizen dev says ray tracing is 'a massive headache'
- Best reminder app
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!