PCMARK 8 is the latest version in the series of PC benchmarking tools by Futuremark. Fully compatible with Windows 8 and can be run under Windows 7. This benchmark is used to test the performance of your PC, tablets, notebooks and high-end desktops.
Overall system performance is measured by a series of tests that include Home Test (common home computing tests), Creative Test (tests for experts and professionals), Work Test (simple office productivity tests), Storage Test (tests performance of SSD's, HDD's and hybrid drives), Application Test (Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office), and Battery Life Testing (for tablets and notebooks).
As you can see in the PCMark 8 tests, both the i7 4771 and E3-1285v3 are very close in performance with the i7 4771 getting slightly better results. These two CPU's are very close in specifications with only 100MHz different in stock and turbo speeds.
SiSoftware Sandra 2013 SP6 is the latest version in the series of PC benchmarking tool by SiSoftware. Sandra 2013 tests the performance of your PC by running a whole series of tests ranging from CPU, Memory, Storage, and Graphics benchmarks to come up with a final number as a rating of the systems performance. Scores can be uploaded to rank your system vs. others. It can also keep a database of systems that have been run to compare them all at a glance.
Again we see only a slight difference between the two CPU's.
Passmark performance test runs 32 tests ranging from CPU, 2D and 3D graphics, disk and memory tests to come up with an overall system ranking. Benchmark support includes hyper-threading and multiple CPUs, detailed disk speed results and the ability to save benchmark results files for easy exporting to other applications such as Microsoft Word. Passmark 8 supports baseline results which allows you to compare computer systems that can be used to determine how fast your computer is in comparison with other systems.
Here we start seeing a little performance boost of the E3-1285v3. We suspect that this might be corrected with a driver/BIOS update.
DPC Latency Checker analyses the computer system ability to handle real-time data streams. It is useful to find the causes of interruptions in real-time audio and video streams known as drop outs.
Note: DPC Latency Checker does not show the correct results in Windows 8 or Server 2012 systems because of how the implementations of kernel timers have been changed in these operating systems. A new version is in the works and should be updated soon.
In this test we used Windows 7 64bit Ultimate to get our results. Each test is run for 5 minutes and the max latency is recorded over this period of time. Results from 0-1000 are considered good, while higher than 1000 show that the system has a problem that should be looked into.
Even though there is a 100 point difference here for DPS results, this is very close and well under the 1000 millisecond threshold. As we noted in the Passmark test, a driver/BIOS update could resolve these differences.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Layout]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [System Benchmarks]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions