High Quality AA and AF
While we test all our games with maximum in-game settings, turning on Anti-Aliasing (AA) and Antistrophic Filtering (AF) helps take the intensity of our testing to another level.
Here we see video cards go from playable FPS to an unplayable FPS and the real power houses continue to help break that 60 FPS mark we always aim for to provide a smooth gaming experience.
It comes as no surprise that even with AA and AF on, the CrossFire setup continues to be very strong at both resolutions.
Even with two R9 280X video cards, you can see that Metro Last Light still doesn't manage to hit the 60 FPS average we need at either resolution.
With AA and AF on, you can see that Just Cause 2 continues to not be a problem for this setup, with great numbers at both resolutions.
Moving into Sleeping Dogs, you can see some strong numbers at both resolutions. Saying that, though, we'd prefer an extra couple of FPS at 2560 x 1600 so we could hit a 60 FPS average. The good news is with the in-game settings maxed out, just a small adjustment would bring that number up to where we want it to be.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt won't have day 1 download on Switch
- Mortal Kombat 11 patch notes, Ash Williams cameo possibility
- Donkey Kong Country Returns is coming to the NVIDIA Shield
- Full opening cinematic video for Luigi's Mansion 3 released
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons won't feature cloud saves
- ASUS AX92U Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Review
- motherboard the turbo frequency varies permanently
- TweakTown's Best of E3 2019 Awards
- Q1900DC-ITX No Video Output
- PC won't post after power outage
- 'Warhammer: Vermintide 2' Deluxe Edition Available Now At Retail Stores For PlayStation 4 And Xbox One
- Resonate on the hunt for the UK's next YouTube sensation
- Seeds of Resilience is out now on a 1.0 Release and a 20% discount
- Insurgency: Sandstorm - Six more months of free content on PC announced in new roadmap
- Defeat Your Rivals and Celebrate Victory with the F1 2019 TV Advert