Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
I'm never a fan of testing these under $200 video cards because for the most part they just feel a bit boring. The good news is, though, as we're getting further and further ahead with technology, the power that these $1xx cards can offer really is quite amazing.
Out of the box, the reference R7 260X 2GB puts out some pretty good numbers for the price point it hits at. The HIS offering comes in at $149.99 and out of the box, the performance when it comes to gaming is going to be near identical due to the fact to carries the same reference clock speeds. If you don't want to throw overclocking into the mix, though, you can know that you're buying a card that is going to run a decent chunk cooler than the reference one, while still maintaining low noise levels.
If you want to throw overclocking into the equation, though, you can know that what you manage to achieve really gives us some nice performance increases. At times, we see we're able to hit the 60 FPS number we want or get ever so close to it. Other times we see that the overclock just gives us a bit more breathing room for solid gameplay, which is always appreciated.
While we didn't have the bundle of the card with us today, a quick trip to the HIS website reveals exactly what we would get. Looking at it, you see everything you'd expect from a video card that sits at this price bracket.
We're not sure if voltage adjustment is going to be something that is thrown into the mix later and if it is we'll of course come back and revisit the overclocking sides of the R7 260X 2GB, more than likely from a different brand, though. While we know a new version of MSI Afterburner is due in the next week or two, we're not too sure what it's going to bring with it.
This is our first retail R7 260X 2GB and we're impressed with what HIS has done. It would've been nice to see them maybe bump the core up 50 MHz or so, but ultimately the cooler is the highlight of this product when compared to the reference model, and when it comes to the cooler, it really stands out for all the right reasons. If you're looking for a mid-$100 video card, this is one that you could consider.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:32 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]