The Drobo Dashboard controls all facets of the 5D's operation. After launching the application, it will then search for all connected Drobo storage solutions connected.
Setting up a volume through the dashboard is rather simple. Here you can see there are options laid out within a slider and the thought behind this is you select how much storage capacity you would like to have in the foreseeable future.
For instance, if you have five 1TB drives in the Drobo, but think you may want to upgrade to 4TB drives in the future, you would select a large volume size such as 16TB, this works similar to Thin Provisioning, where you would only have in reality 5TB of capacity, but you are looking to the future where you will have that 16TB you designed the storage pool around.
The status menu shows you the health of each drive within your storage pool. Additionally, you can see what interface the Drobo in connected through.
Within the capacity menu selection, you can see the layout of the storage volume. Here you can see we have single drive redundancy enabled and is using 950GB for protection.
The tools menu allows you to turn the lights on or off in addition to renaming, formatting or shutting your Drobo down.
On to Drobo settings where you have the option of adding additional drive redundancy by ticking the dual drive redundancy box. You can also enable the drives to spin down to save power.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony has no plans to make new PS Vita
- PlayStation Now lets you download games for offline play
- Android 17 confirmed as next Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC
- Danny Trejo introduces Magic: The Gathering Arena Open Beta
- Dark Souls Remastered for Switch: Network Test available
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- The Slater releases on September 20th
- Partnership Between Mastiff and Yggdrazil Group Brings Home Sweet Home to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One This October
- Turn-Based PC-RTS 'ValeGuard' Has Launched On STEAM Offering Exciting City-Building & Strategic Real-Time Combat
- IBM Takes Major Step in Breaking Open the Black Box of AI
- Genpact Launches Cora CommandCenter to Transform Digital Workforce Performance and Automation Governance