The Drobo Dashboard controls all facets of the 5D's operation. After launching the application, it will then search for all connected Drobo storage solutions connected.
Setting up a volume through the dashboard is rather simple. Here you can see there are options laid out within a slider and the thought behind this is you select how much storage capacity you would like to have in the foreseeable future.
For instance, if you have five 1TB drives in the Drobo, but think you may want to upgrade to 4TB drives in the future, you would select a large volume size such as 16TB, this works similar to Thin Provisioning, where you would only have in reality 5TB of capacity, but you are looking to the future where you will have that 16TB you designed the storage pool around.
The status menu shows you the health of each drive within your storage pool. Additionally, you can see what interface the Drobo in connected through.
Within the capacity menu selection, you can see the layout of the storage volume. Here you can see we have single drive redundancy enabled and is using 950GB for protection.
The tools menu allows you to turn the lights on or off in addition to renaming, formatting or shutting your Drobo down.
On to Drobo settings where you have the option of adding additional drive redundancy by ticking the dual drive redundancy box. You can also enable the drives to spin down to save power.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower