Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The SST-RV04 comes in two flavors; one of them is a chassis with a window on the right side of the chassis, while the other comes with a solid steel door. Speaking of steel, the body of the chassis is indeed steel, and SilverStone chose to use reinforced plastic at the front and top of this design. On the inside of this chassis, there is room for motherboards from Micro-ATX on through to SSI-EEB and SSI-CEB motherboards (with slight restrictions on the larger boards), in an inverted position. There are also two 5.25" bays for optical drives or a reservoir, room for up to seven 3.5" drives, and with some reconfiguring of the drive bays, room for four 2.5" drives.
To cool this tower chassis, SilverStone has added a pair of 180mm Air Penetrator fans connected to switches to allow control of them. An added feature is that they also send conversion plates to allow users to put three 120mm fans down the front of the chassis, which then offers the possibility of having a 360mm radiator if you wanted to. There is also room for a 120mm fan in the rear of the chassis, but SilverStone has chosen to leave that spot empty.
Externally, there is a lot going on too. There are a total of eight expansion slots to offer plenty of room for expansion cards. There is also the front I/O consisting of a pair of USB 3.0 ports, along with HD Audio jacks. To find the power and reset buttons, you need to look at the protruding door panel that covers the front of the RV04. At the top, molded into the stylized striped design that is used on the plastic, as it nears the top panel, the power and reset buttons are located there. The top of the chassis offers ventilation as well as a dust filter, but this is not for fans or radiators, it is to allow the top mounted power supply to have a way to draw cooler air from outside the chassis. I don't want to get real deep in the external design so much, as I really think the images are needed to fully grasp what is going on with this design.
Even with this being a freshly released case, I had no issues locating the Raven 4 for sale. My first search was at Newegg, where I found this chassis listed for $159.99 with an additional $14.98 required for shipping at the time of writing. Then as I hopped over to Amazon, they also list this chassis at $159.99, but are offering free two day shipping. I for one think that this price is reasonable.
Considering all the changes to the interior layout and design, along with what this case offers beyond that aspect, you are definitely getting a fully featured chassis when buying the Raven 4, including things you may not even think you need, until you see them.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Xbox saves work with Final Fantasy XV on PC
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit