Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Hitting at $199.99 at the time of writing, the MSI R9 270X 2GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC hits at the same low price point of many other launched non-reference designed R9 270X based video cards. Of course, it's a little early to tell just how it compares to others, but as always, MSI is helping us start out strong with this new model.
The Twin Frozr IV cooler hasn't disappointed before and nor has the new Gaming Series since MSI launched it. While this is the first retail version of the R9 270X we've looked at, we wouldn't hesitate recommending it.
While we didn't find any real flaws, we do leave with a few question marks over our head. With such good noise numbers at the highest clock speed, we're not sure why you would bother using the Gaming or Silent Modes offered. We're almost at the point where the CPU cooler is making the majority of the noise. The other thing is the Dual BIOS switch doesn't really seem to do anything in this case. We had to flash the BIOS of the card and we flashed the exact same BIOS to both ends of the switch.
When it comes to the bundle, in typical style, it's on the light side. We've really only got the bare necessity on offer here. Saying that, though, this is the path most companies take these days, instead they let the actual product do the talking, and that's what we prefer.
If you're a fan of MSI video cards and you're looking to buy a card that hits at that under $200 price point, this is a good option. The performance is strong and the look of the model is great. One of the highlights, as usual, is the quality of the cooler - the Twin Frozr IV continues to impress.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4 Open Beta]
- Page 21 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 22 [Temperature Test]
- Page 23 [Sound Test]
- Page 24 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 25 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard North's Diablo III would've looked like Diablo II
- Remedy's Northlight engine being optimized for multiplayer
- Remedy making new game outside of P7
- Arc System Works and SWERY announce new title 'The Missing'
- Monster Hunter: World updated for Xbox One, patch 1.06
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit