Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
While not showing up on Newegg yet, the price of Sapphire R9 280X 3GB TOXIC is going to sit somewhere between the Sapphire R9 280X 3GB Dual-X which comes in at $319.99 and the most expensive R9 280X 3GB, the ASUS MATRIX version, which comes in at $349.99.
Considering the $400 starting price point of the GTX 770 2GB, the new Radeon R9 280X 3GB from AMD really manages to hit at an awesome price point. Of course, we can't really mention on how the model compares at stock due to the fact that this particular offering from Sapphire is overclocked by a decent chunk from the factory. Coming in at least $50 cheaper than the GTX 770 2GB is really good news for AMD and buyers of mid-$300 level video cards.
Getting a bit more specific on the Sapphire offering here today, you can see they've done a fantastic job. The new cooler is awesome and does an excellent job of keeping the core cool, while not producing too much noise. There's not much else you could ask for, but aesthetically the cooler also looks great, especially with the black PCB and the massive plate that is at the back of the card. Sapphire has put together a really sexy card here.
While we don't have the price on the card yet, we're sure that even if it sat up there with the ASUS MATRIX, which is $349.99, the value of the card is still extremely strong. Anything below that price and the value becomes even better again. Sapphire has done a fantastic job with the R9 280X 3GB TOXIC.
It's clear that AMD has given its partners an excellent starting platform. Sapphire has really come out of the gate swinging strong with the new model, and we really look forward to seeing what other companies offer us in the coming weeks and months.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4 Open Beta]
- Page 21 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 22 [Temperature Test]
- Page 23 [Sound Test]
- Page 24 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 25 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- Samsung's new GDDR6 should power next-gen GeForce RTX 2080
- Resident Evil 2 Premium Edition costs a huge $900
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX overclocked to 6GHz with LN2
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market