Comanche 4 is a helicopter simulation using the DirectX 8.1 graphics interface. It is used to test the memory and 3D subsystems of a motherboard and video processor. Any weaknesses will show up through this intensive benchmark.
Comanche 4 is an odd benchmark. The Radeon 9800 results increased as we increased the resolution but the Radeon 9600 XT scores decreased. With little difference between each score, it does show that the Radeon 9600 XT is able to stick fairly close to the expensive high-end 9800 cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 3 [Features]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 5 [Image Quality Testing]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark 2001SE]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit