In the mid-range performance graphics market, ATI have been strong ever since we saw the release of the Radeon 9500 Pro back around 12 months ago. Since then ATI has only improved on their market sector dominance with the release of the popular Radeon 9600 Pro and now the 9600 XT.
This popularity will only continue for ATI with their brand new Radeon 9600 XT VPU. It offers a remarkable cost to performance ratio against the Radeon 9800 XT, as shown in our benchmarks, and at times is even close to matching its performance when overclocked. Image Quality is up there with the best offering higher AF rates than the competition from nVidia. Retailers in Australia have given us an idea of what retail graphics cards based on the 9600 XT will cost and it is less than half what the Radeon 9800 XT 256MB currently costs. This fact will make the Radeon 9600 XT perfect for people who are on a budget but still want quality gaming performance for current and some upcoming game titles.
Add ATI's new OVERDRIVE automatic overclocking feature to the equation with all new ATI drivers and you will only see more performance added to the already impressive product. If you hadn't already noticed, the Radeon 9600 XT comes with great recommendation here at TweakTown and for reasons suggested, it receives our "Must Have" Editor's Choice award for superior Value and Performance in the mid-range performance graphics sector.
Keep 'em coming ATI!
Brilliant cost to performance ratio
ATI OVERDRIVE for automatic overclocking
Great Image Quality
DVI + TV Output
No external power required
Only 128MB, 256MB of RAM would help intensive gaming moments with AA and AF maxed out
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "Must Have" Editor's Choice award for Value and Performance
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 3 [Features]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 5 [Image Quality Testing]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark 2001SE]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Radeon 9600 XT - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card