Since the original AMD Athlon was released last year I've always wanted one... PC INDEX Australia must have heard me calling because they have supplied us with a AMD Athlon "Thunderbird" 700MHz SLOT A CPU, FIC SD11 motherboard, Free Speed Pro GFD and a big whooping air cooler for some reviewage here @ TT. Our test unit FIC SD11 motherboard didn't at all justify the power and performance of the AMD Athlon "Thunderbird". This is simply due to the FIC SD11 having a lowly AMD 751 "Irongate" chipset with only AGP 1x support with GeForce cards (AGP 2x unstable). FIC isn't to blame for this (well not directly anyway) it's the Northbridge chipset which is causing all the problems. It seems also that this Irongate chipset doesn't support Sound Blaster Vibra ISA cards, since we're not reviewing the FIC SD11 motherboard we'll carry on with the AMD Athlon "Thunderbird" 700MHz review, which you came to read...
Batch and Manufacturing Dates
Each AMD Athlon "Thunderbird" is equipped with the following set of batch and manufacturing dates... Below is a picture and what they stand for:
AMD= Advanced Micro Devices
A0= Athlon Other
700M= Speed of the CPU (in this case 700MHz)
PR24= cache system
B= CPU revision (A is socket A, B is slot A
The numbers at the bottom are manufacturing and batch dates.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit