Test System and Thermal Results
I would first like to thank ASUS, InWin, Corsair and Fractal Design for supplying products for me to test with. To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
With stock settings applied to the test system and after a few runs with the pipes in both directions as they were oriented to the fan, we got a result of 55.5C, which is pretty admirable considering it sits in fourth place overall right now.
Since the PWM controller is dealing with the fan here, we also recorded that the Silent Wings fan was spinning at 1137 RPM at the hottest point of the tests. As for the idle temperature, the Shadow Rock 2 sits at a solid 28C when left to idle, and the fan was spinning near 650RPM.
To be blunt, I really don't know what happened to the Shadow Rock 2 in this test. With the pipes of the cooler set both directions for the various rounds of testing we do, no matter what I tried, I could not get better results than the 80.25C average that is shown in the chart.
I did have a feeling that this new test rig would be weeding out some coolers on an efficiency level unlike the systems before this, it just surprises me that even with the fans spinning at 1700 RPM, that it is the Shadow Rock 2 that is the first cooler to show this.
I discussed this with BeQuiet, and they say that results are showing up with a variance in results, and they are aware of it. One can only hope they find out why and address this as soon as possible. Also, with the OC applied and the fan spinning full speed, the idle temperature was 28.5C.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [BeQuiet Shadow Rock 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony makes sign-ups for PS4 v5.50 firmware beta available
- Netflix won't be available on the Nintendo Switch as of yet
- QLOC to port Dark Souls Remastered to respective platforms
- ViewSonic shows off new gaming displays at CES 2018
- NBA Jam remake teased, and now it needs to happen
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series