Test System and Thermal Results
I would first like to thank ASUS, InWin, Corsair and Fractal Design for supplying products for me to test with. To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
With stock settings applied to the test system and after a few runs with the pipes in both directions as they were oriented to the fan, we got a result of 55.5C, which is pretty admirable considering it sits in fourth place overall right now.
Since the PWM controller is dealing with the fan here, we also recorded that the Silent Wings fan was spinning at 1137 RPM at the hottest point of the tests. As for the idle temperature, the Shadow Rock 2 sits at a solid 28C when left to idle, and the fan was spinning near 650RPM.
To be blunt, I really don't know what happened to the Shadow Rock 2 in this test. With the pipes of the cooler set both directions for the various rounds of testing we do, no matter what I tried, I could not get better results than the 80.25C average that is shown in the chart.
I did have a feeling that this new test rig would be weeding out some coolers on an efficiency level unlike the systems before this, it just surprises me that even with the fans spinning at 1700 RPM, that it is the Shadow Rock 2 that is the first cooler to show this.
I discussed this with BeQuiet, and they say that results are showing up with a variance in results, and they are aware of it. One can only hope they find out why and address this as soon as possible. Also, with the OC applied and the fan spinning full speed, the idle temperature was 28.5C.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [BeQuiet Shadow Rock 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti AMP! smile for photos
- EVGA's new GeForce RTX 2080 XC Ultra unveiled
- Palit's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti GamingPro pictured
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti DUKE leaked
- NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce RTX 2080 Ti has 4352 CUDA cores
- Z68 Fatal1ty with Mushkin 2133 RAM errors
- Buy (10) Apple iPhone X $4,490 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada