A little over a year ago, Corsair drastically changed the way power supplies would be built in the coming years. They did so out of nowhere and seemed to have caught everyone with their pants down. Until now, the only digital units that we have seen have been numerous iterations from Corsair. These units have performed superbly in every single aspect that you could wish for and we've had nothing but great things to say about them, except for the price.
Thermaltake thought it was about time that someone gave Corsair a run for their money and they've been hard at work to make sure what they come up with would be well worth the wait.
What they've designed is the new Toughpower DPS series. The DPS is a digitally controlled, fully modular power supply and comes in 750W and 850W models out the door with more to follow shortly.
Thermaltake also spent a long time polishing their software for the DPS series and it is what delayed the launch of this power supply for so long. We won't be covering the software in this review, but instead will be going over it with a separate review so that we can go into the full details of what it has to offer. This review will focus solely on the DPS power supply itself, so let's start by taking a look at the I/O specifications for the DPS 850W we've got on the bench today.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Thermaltake DPS-850 features a single 12V rail that is rated for 70A or 840W. The 3.3V and 5V rails are rated for 25A each with a maximum combined output of 130W. The 5VSB rail is rated for 3A or 15W. The maximum combined output for the DPS-850 is 850W.
Thermaltake is one that you can always count on to make sure that you're covered with features and protections. As you can see, the Toughpower DPS-850 features a full suite of protections, including over-temperature protection. The DPS-850 is a fully modular power supply. All cables are of the flat ribbon type. The power supply is rated for 80 PLUS Gold efficiency. Finally, Thermaltake rates the DPS-850 for 100% continuous output at 50C.
The DPS-850 has an MSRP of $219.99. This makes the Thermaltake DPS-850 one of the most expensive 850W power supplies on the market. Newegg, at the time of writing, has the power supply in stock, but you'll have to cough up shipping for it too, bringing the price up to $227.98. Thermaltake offers a seven year warranty on the DPS series.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner