Seagate NAS HDD Internals
The Seagate NAS HDD comes in a standard 3.5" form factor with the Seagate's branding on the top of the case.
The bottom of the drive has the PCB with the components turned inward, facilitating thermal dissipation into the case of the drive. The PCB is very compact and smaller than a typical HDD PCB.
Upon removal of the PCB, we note the thermal pad over the controller. This mates with the large metal pad on the bottom of the case. Once we remove the thermal pad the LSI 841281V0 controller dominates the side of the PCB, and a Winbond 64 MB DRAM buffer sets above the controller on the PCB. The SMOOTH chip controls the drive motor.
The drive features a standard 6Gb/s SATA port and features four 1TB platters spinning at 7,200 RPM.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Seagate NAS HDD Specifications]
- Page 3 [Seagate NAS HDD Internals]
- Page 4 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 5 [4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and Fileserver]
- Page 8 [Emailserver and Webserver]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series