It is safe to say that the Prolimatech Armageddon Blue Series "Special Edition" cooler is up to snuff and capable of keeping our test system under control at comfortable levels of both sound and temperatures.
In basic features, I like that there should be no issues with clearance on normal motherboards, but as I said; I had to reorient the cooler to fit on our ASUS Sabertooth Z87 motherboard - so, keep that in mind if your PWM coolers are larger than the usual offerings. The blue and black theme is something a lot of builders would use with various makers motherboards that have blue slots and heat sinks. My only issue with the blue is that the aluminum fins are more of an electric blue and the blue on top of the cooler is close, but does not match exactly, and that could be a slight deal breaker for some. Outside of those two minor issues, mounting, use, and looking at the cooler overall, the rest of my thoughts are good about the Armageddon Blue Series CPU cooler.
Even with what is essentially a three year old mounting system, it is still better than what quite a few manufacturers send to me now, and an older air cooler design that is at the bottom line, just a painted reintroduction, and it can still deliver good results as the CPU gets harder to cool. That in itself is saying a lot. I like that I can get to all the motherboard screws, I like that the mounting screws are easily accessible, without the need of special wrenches or tools, and I like the new color scheme.
I also covered the fact that these are currently not listed inside of the US, and that at Caseking.de, they are taking pre-orders - so, let's work on the guesstimate of the actual US pricing. Since the original Megahalems only released at $59.99, and the fact that you can get the original Armageddon at a similar price, it would only make sense that the new Armageddon Blue Series cooler will arrive with a near $60 price point. As tested we have to take that $60 price point and add $19.99 per fan, plus there is still the near $5 for the fan clips once shipping gets included, we are now dealing with a CPU cooler that costs over $100. If you are going to invest that sort of money, I would lead you to look at all of the AIOs on the market that will outperform this cooler, even with fans turned back to match the sound levels.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Prolimatech Armageddon Blue Series CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Marvel's Spider-Man: 'Turf Wars' DLC released, new trailer
- Amazon Japan has $650+ Smash UItimate Amiibo set available
- Warframe makes its way to the Nintendo Switch, available now
- Overview trailer released for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Epic launch $1 million Winter Royale tournament for Fortnite
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6