Noise Level Results
Since the fans based out at 511 RPM when the PC is in its idle state, the noise level coming from them is almost negligible at this level. When the meter is set one foot from the exhaust fan, it left us with this reading of 29dB. As you can see, it doesn't take a genius to sort out the fact that with stronger fans and more noise, the Armageddon Blue Series cooler could actually perform with better thermal results, but since the idea is to provide a more silent solution, I think the thermals are really good for this level of noise.
Even with both fans spinning at their full potential, the 53dB rating we added to this chart is far superior to the NiC C5 I have been comparing it to all this time. Remember for every 10dB the noise raised, the inferred sound to the ear receives double the noise. So in more basic terms, the NiC C5 is more than twice as loud as this solution, and is half as loud as the stock Intel cooling solution. While not a chart topping offering for silence, the slight hum presented from this cooler is acceptable, especially once a chassis door helps block some of that noise.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Prolimatech Armageddon Blue Series CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Duo rolled out to standard dial app
- PAYDAY 2 coming to the Nintendo Switch in February 2018
- Advoli has first HDBaseT certified PCIe x16 graphics card
- AMD's mysterious 'Fenghuang' APU teased with '15FF' graphics
- The Predator drops into Ghost Recon Wildlands on December 14
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series