Without a doubt, ABIT is on the rise as THE name in motherboards once again. With a slump in their motherboards in the past little while, ABIT has had to contend with Gigabyte's rise and the ASUS adoption of overclocking, and with both companies doing a good job at it, it has taken ABIT to create a great motherboard to take it back, the IC7 MAX3 was the product which did it for them. Now with this being the benchmark, ABIT needed to follow it up with some interesting products, the AI7 is definitely one of them.
With the budget user in mind, ABIT certainly hasn't skimped on quality and additional components. ABIT's design for the AI7 is most certainly a motherboard for the value orientated overclockers. Even if you are not on a budget, make sure you give it some thought.
Overall we enjoyed the overclocking abilities as well as the all new uGuru overclocking and system monitoring system as well as its relatively cheap price tag with performance comparable to the more expensive IC7 MAX3 solution.
No 255MHz FSB issue anymore
uGuru for system monitoring in Windows
New Northbridge cooling
Placement of the FDD connector could have done with more thought
No CSA Gigabit Ethernet
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice award for Performance and Value
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ABIT AI7 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 3 [Features]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 4 [Overclocking]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003-11-21]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 14 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard