Overclocking of the Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394
Overclocking on the 7VT600 series was a treat, plenty of options and setting for you to play around with. The Frequency/Voltage menu is where all the options for overclocking your system are located. Here you can change CPU FSB, DRAM divider, DRAM voltage, CPU voltage, AGP voltage and AGP/PCI frequencies.
CPU FSB is adjustable from 100MHz up to 300MHz in 1MHz increments. This allows for the best range of settings. As you probably know using a higher FSB is always going to give a better overclock so dropping the multiplier and raising the FSB will give the best option. Using an unlocked 2500+ Barton CPU, we managed to hit 280MHz FSB.
CPU voltage is adjustable from 1.1v up to 1.85v. This is as high as you want to go with any AMD Athlon or Duron CPU, even these days. Gigabyte gives the full range for you to choose from.
DRAM voltage is adjustable from 2.5v up to 2.9v in 0.1v increments. 2.9v is just enough to give the memory stability at high bus speeds. When rising over 2.9v, you want to make sure you have very good cooling on the RAM to keep it from frying.
AGP voltage is adjustable from standard to 0.1+, 0.2+ or 0.3+. This gives a max of 1.8v when using AGP 4x cards and 1.2v when using AGP 8x cards.
As always you have control over your AGP/PCI ratio, leaving it locked to 66MHz for AGP and 33MHz for PCI will eliminate the AGP and PCI devices being the bottleneck when you overclock your system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 3 [Features]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 4 [Overclocking]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sisoft Sandra 2004]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 14 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloodborne is getting its very own physical vinyl soundtrack
- Eddie Murphy might be come back to stand-up comedy for $70m
- The Witcher TV show will NEVER adapt the video games
- 'Holy Grail' of computer science found in Quantum Computing
- Netflix's Witcher TV show gets 1st trailer, Geralt is HUGE
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- AORUS motherboard: all the fans stop for few seconds after POST
- AROUS motherboard: fans stop after boot for few seconds
- Kingston KC2000 High-Performance NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock X570 Taichi (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Nowhere Prophet out now on Steam
- Soul Searching is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019!
- Batter Up! Metalhead Software to Launch Super Mega Baseball 2: Ultimate Edition on Nintendo Switch July 25
- Represent Your Identity and New Ideas with .id Domain Name
- Asmodee Digital Reveals Pandemic's Announcement Trailer, Launch Date and Price