Overclocking of the Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394
Overclocking on the 7VT600 series was a treat, plenty of options and setting for you to play around with. The Frequency/Voltage menu is where all the options for overclocking your system are located. Here you can change CPU FSB, DRAM divider, DRAM voltage, CPU voltage, AGP voltage and AGP/PCI frequencies.
CPU FSB is adjustable from 100MHz up to 300MHz in 1MHz increments. This allows for the best range of settings. As you probably know using a higher FSB is always going to give a better overclock so dropping the multiplier and raising the FSB will give the best option. Using an unlocked 2500+ Barton CPU, we managed to hit 280MHz FSB.
CPU voltage is adjustable from 1.1v up to 1.85v. This is as high as you want to go with any AMD Athlon or Duron CPU, even these days. Gigabyte gives the full range for you to choose from.
DRAM voltage is adjustable from 2.5v up to 2.9v in 0.1v increments. 2.9v is just enough to give the memory stability at high bus speeds. When rising over 2.9v, you want to make sure you have very good cooling on the RAM to keep it from frying.
AGP voltage is adjustable from standard to 0.1+, 0.2+ or 0.3+. This gives a max of 1.8v when using AGP 4x cards and 1.2v when using AGP 8x cards.
As always you have control over your AGP/PCI ratio, leaving it locked to 66MHz for AGP and 33MHz for PCI will eliminate the AGP and PCI devices being the bottleneck when you overclock your system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 3 [Features]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 4 [Overclocking]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sisoft Sandra 2004]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 14 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding demo leaves Guerrilla Games 'so impressed'
- Capcom showcase 'Tofu' in Resident Evil 2 Remake screenshots
- COD: Black Ops 4 - Blackout Battle Royale mode goes F2P
- Elite Dangerous devs working on new IP
- Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr brings dragons back to Tamriel
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Comparison of directory opus and xyplorer
- The Silent Guardian: Antec present new Quiet Computing P101 Silent
- A Hero's Journey - Latest Total War: Three Kingdoms Cinematic Showcases A Jaw-Dropping China
- Pre-Order Metro Exodus From Any Physical Retailer To Secure An Exclusive Poster
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment An IO Interactive Launch Hitman HD Enhanced Collection
- Acer Debuts All-New Swift 7 with Compact Design and Incredible Screen-to-body Ratio