When pulling the case out of that giant plastic bag you instantly think, "Holy Crap! That is a lot of drive bays." When you look at the case in the pictures it gives off a full tower look. Due to the six 5.25 bays (yes, six!) the case looks absolutely mammoth but it is not bigger then a PC60. You are just simply sacrificing the three 3.5" drives which you would normally see on most other Lian Li cases.
The PC-6077 has one 3.5" bay which some people may find that they still won't use. Thanks to the cover that comes with it you could install a normal beige floppy drive and no one would have the faintest idea what color it is. Thanks to the cover it will match in perfectly and this will save you the trouble of having to find paint to match the color of the case or buying a separate cover for it.
While it's not uncommon to have more then one CD-ROM drive in a system, Lian Li have included only the single cover for your CD-ROM. This cover helps stealth the drive and helps give you an overall better looking case. Moving to the bottom front of the case we find the power button, reboot button and your LEDs that indicate hard drive activity and if the computer is on. To the side of all this is the vents to help bring in air and keep your system as cool as possible by increasing overall airflow.
Right at the very bottom of the case we have some USB2.0 ports that plug directly into your motherboard (if it supports it) as well as some audio jacks to help people who use head phones and finally a firewire port. The overall front of the case doesn't look too bad and if you're someone who loves their 5.25" bays but don't want a full tower case, you're going to be in heaven here.
Moving around to the side of the case you don't see anything out of the ordinary. Aluminum side panels with small indents in them so you can easily slide them off. Like the whole 6XXX series, you can purchase a separate panel with a window in it so you can see inside your computer. Lian Li also have a side panel that can be filled with water and have fake plastic fish in it.
Moving around to the back of the case you start seeing those little things that Lian Li add to make the case stand out from the rest.
For example, the decision to include a spot for two 80mm fans on the back, something that has been upgraded from the original PC60s which only had one. Thumb screws are all over the place to hold your power supply, side panels and the beloved motherboard tray which some people have grown very accustomed too.
When looking at the top of the case we see nothing out of the ordinary except Lian Li has chosen to include an 80mm fan on the top part of the case. This is very handy, as hot air rises and this fan combined with your power supply fan(s) can help push a lot of hot air out of the case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Lian Li PC-6077 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Lian Li PC-6077 - Page 2 [The Package]
- Lian Li PC-6077 - Page 3 [Exterior Features]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam