4u case designs have gone out of favor for co-locations, but they offer more drive density for storage servers when rack space is plentiful. The 4u height also gives users the ability to run 90mm and in some cases, 120mm fans for CPU cooling. I know some will cringe to hear about overclocking in IT, but high frequency trading is really taking off and that market is taking advantage of all the CPU power they can get. The RSV-L4411 case delivers excellent cooling for the system components as well as the HDDs. The cooling is quiet and that makes this case a good option for audio and video studios that don't have a dedicated server room.
I think for the DIY crowd, price plays a large role in the purchasing decision. At $199.99 plus $11.99 shipping at Newegg, the RSV-L4411 is strong in the value department. You can spend less money on a rackmount case that feels like it's made out of tin and flexes in all directions under its own weight or you can purchase this case with zero flex, even with the case cover removed, and get 12 acceptable quality drive sleds.
Any shortcomings we found, the price more than makes up for. If Rosewill could add a way to secure the USB and button cables to the inside of the case, it would be nice. One of our drive sleds needed a bit of adjustment on the plastic rails and the handles stick out a bit far for some improperly configured racks. Other than those issues, we were very pleased.
After looking at the other products offered at Newegg for rackmount cases in this price category, I couldn't find another case with this many features.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series