Inside the Rosewill RSV-L4411
Here we get our first look inside the case. Three 120mm fans keep the drives cool and pull air into the motherboard area. Two 80mm fans exhaust air from the case, all of the fans are included. An aluminum crossbar across the top is to keep the case sturdy, but we didn't notice a difference with the bar removed. The case is built well and doesn't flex from its own weight.
The motherboard area gives us a lot of room to build a system. We tested both a single socket LGA2011 and a dual socket LGA2011 motherboard in the case.
The drive cages have four SATA data connectors and two Molex 4-pin power connectors. These are removable should you with to use different drive cages or run optical disk media players.
Here we see a close up of the SATA data and power connectors. My only complaint is the data cables aren't labeled so you will spend a little bit of time mapping the drives.
At the time of writing, we needed to test a Supermicro ATX motherboard with dual 10GbE Ethernet and onboard LSI SATA / SAS RAID. The case makes the full size motherboard look tiny, almost like a Mini-ITX motherboard in a regular consumer case.
Later we tested a GIGABYTE dual LGA2011 Xeon board in the case and it filled the case nicely. The motherboard tray extends all the way out to fit dual Xeon and dual Opteron motherboards, while still leaving a full three inches of space between the board and the drive cage fans.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series