WD Re 4TB Specifications
The WD Re provides a sustained transfer rate of 171 MB/s for SATA and 182 MB/s for the SAS model. This is delivered via five 800GB platters at 7,200 RPM and a 6Gb/s connection. WD Re series of HDDs comes in a standard 3.5" form factor.
For typical workloads, the drive pulls an average of 10.2 Watts for sequential read, and 9.7 Watts for sequential write workloads. Random read/write power consumption comes in at 10.9 Watts, and the idle voltage is spec'd at 8.6 Watts.
An MTBF of 1.2 million hours leads to an Annual Failure Rate (AFR) of .7 and a five-year warranty. The Re is rated for 600,000 load/unload cycles in a controlled environment. A multi-axis shock sensor helps to adjust the drive during shock and high vibration events, while the NoTouch ramp load technology ensures that the recording head never touches the platters, resulting in less wear to both the head and drive media.
The Re is designed for up to 550TB of use per year, which is significantly higher than the workload tolerance of the Se and Red drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- 2 New Half-Life 2 Developers videos
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit