Inside the NZXT H230
The first look inside of the H230 shows you all the things I have been talking about. It also shows that the wiring has been tied up for transit, and there is a white hardware box found inside the lowest of the HDD trays.
The three 5.25" bays have these tool-free clips on this side of it. These will do a sufficient job of locking devices into the bays, and has all the holes needed to back it up with as many screws as you think it will take.
The lower two-thirds of the front of the chassis is taken up by the six 3.5" bays with plastic trays that will also accept 2.5" drive installations. An added bonus is that the top section is completely removable for longer video cards or even maybe a pump/res combo to sit there.
The top section will slide right out of the rack with the removal of a pair of thumbscrews on the back side of the chassis. You can now also see that the top hole in the front of the chassis does not have a fan, but you can move the one at the bottom up to improve on the internal airflow.
The motherboard tray is set very high in this chassis, but with no top fans in the chassis, there is nothing to get in the way there. You are also given plenty of tie points and places to run the wiring, that even without grommets in place, you can still have a very clean finished product if done correctly.
The floor of the chassis will allow for the PSU to sit all the way to the back of the chassis over the ventilated area there. If the wiring will allow for it, you also have the option to add another 120mm fan to the floor in front of it to also help improve on the thermal dynamics of the chassis.
The back of the chassis is where the second pre-installed fan is located, and this is set up to exhaust the chassis. The black ventilated expansion slot covers are held in place with thumbscrews and will make swapping or adding cards very easy in the H230.
Behind the motherboard tray, you have roughly 20mm to 25mm of room to hide wiring across the back of the tray. Off to the left, the drives point out the back to help hide wiring, and this area is also deeper to hide more wiring if it is needed.
The chassis wiring is also pretty simple. All in black, you get the USB 3.0 connection, the various front panel connections for LEDs and functionality, and the HD Audio connection. I also added in the fan lead to show that both fans have the option to use a 3-pin fan power lead or a 4-pin Molex connection for powering them.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PS5 won't launch before Fall 2020, NPD analyst predicts
- New Master Chief Collection update lets you install segments
- Sony to continue strong first-party IP focus
- Hideo Kojima teases E3 2018 showcase for Death Stranding
- Super Smash Bros. roster leak suggests Metroid's Ridley
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit