8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the CloudSpeed 1000E nudges the Intel out for second place with an average of 40,788 IOPS at QD256, while the Intel DC S3500 achieves 39,413 IOPS.
The average 8K random write speed of the CloudSpeed 1000E falls slightly below the older 500, but exhibits a much tighter performance envelope. The average speed of the 1000E is 14,630 IOPS, well above the Seagate and Intel offerings.
The CloudSpeed 1000E provides resilience to heavier write workloads in our testing.
The 1000E delivers a very tight latency range, with 80.3% of I/O's (3,515,397) at 10-20ms, and 19.5% in the 20-40ms range.
Power consumption for the 1000E averages 4.36 Watts during the measurement window. While this is higher than the other SSDs, it provides higher performance, reflected in the IOPS to Watts testing.
The CloudSpeed 1000E averages 3,333 IOPS per Watt, an improvement over the 500, and higher than the competing SSDs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SteelSeries release the Rival 110 gaming mouse
- Ataribox sounds like risky business
- ENERMAX release the EQUILENCE, a high-end silent case
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 receives first major patch
- NVIDIA goes all-in with AI for the 'goodness of mankind'
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card