IOMeter Latency and Workloads
Version and / or Patch Used: 7.27.2006
Developer Homepage: IOMeter
Product Homepage: IOMeter
The first test we will run through is our Workstation scenario, with an 80/20 read/write distribution utilizing 8K transfers. Here you can see the WD Red did quite well, coming to rest at a very comfortable 160 IOPS at QD256.
The second test focuses again on an 80/20 distribution, but instead a mixed workload between 512-byte and 64KB. Here to my surprise the WD Blue jumped to the top of our chart, with our newly received Red close behind. Here the Red topped out just north of 160 IOPS.
Next up we have the OLTP/Database workload, covering a 67/33 read to write ratio centered on 8K transfers. Here again, we find the WD Red performing quite well, coming in above all comparable drives, minus the surprisingly quick WD Blue.
Above, we have our average latency from IOMeter. This is centered on 4K transfers and is the average from a run of three. Here we see the WD Red ready to work, coming in at 3.19ms in our write latency testing and refusing to hold back in the read portion as well at 8.11ms.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [WD Red 1TB 2.5" NAS HDD]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BootRacer and Resume from S4 Hibernation]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - IOMeter Latency and Workloads]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series