Thermaltake has been around for quite some time now and we have come to expect good things from their product line. The Volcano 12 follows in the footsteps of this lineup with great success. It manages to not only keep up with its peers, but surpass them as well.
With a choice of fan speed control and a much more aggressive fan profile, it manages the task of cooling the processor with ease. It also has the ability to allow the user to handle the job of noise output so it can be used in a variety of systems and conform accordingly.
Price-wise, you'll be looking at approximately US$39, so it isn't outrageously priced. While not the cheapest cooler in town, it gives you very good performance for the price.
I still prefer to have some sort of fan grill in place, but with the capabilities shown today in this new behemoth, this is a small concern.
Bottom line...If you haven't had the notion of taking up alternative cooling, then you will do very well with the Volcano 12. It offers excellent cooling and numerous options for noise levels at a price that is reasonable.
Aggressive fan design
Numerous fan speed options
Plenty of mass and surface area on heatsink
No fan grill
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Volcano 12 HSF - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Volcano 12 HSF - Page 2 [What You Get]
- Volcano 12 HSF - Page 3 [The Heatsink]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surface Book 2 announced: GTX 1060, 17-hour battery life
- AMD Radeon Vega Mobile APU: GeForce MX150 performance
- Shadow of War post-launch event calendar revealed
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz