SSHDs are the latest in technology that enables users of notebook and ultra-books to maintain the capacity they desire, without sacrificing the performance they crave.
Providing 8GB of NAND flash, Toshiba delivers on the promise of remarkable performance where it matters. In our 4K random testing, the SSHD was top dog in every aspect, both read and write thanks to the drives ability to utilize its self-learning caching algorithms that are engineered to adjust to user access patterns.
Additionally, the majority of testing outside the 4K random results also had the Toshiba SSHD towards the top of the group. Using the power of PCMark 8's application trace testing, we were able to put the Toshiba through its paces, and while it wasn't the quickest drive, the results were commendable. Taking into account we test drives on a level playing field, running each test in the same manner, if we were to run the Toshiba SSHD through PCMark 8 a number of additional times, results would only increase as the LAMD controller recognized it as "Hot" data.
At the time of writing the MSRP of the Toshiba SSHD in the 320GB capacity is set at $56.99 with the 500GB model we tested here today at $94.26. This pricing effectively puts the pressure on Seagate with its top capacity 500GB Laptop Thin offering coming in $79.99.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Toshiba 500GB SSHD]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BootRacer and Resume from S4 Hibernation]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard