SilverStone Tundra TD02 AIO CPU Cooler
The top of the head unit for the TD02 shares the same brushed aluminum plate that gets screwed into place with the snowflake logo just like the TD03 had. As I said then, this is much better to see than looking at shiny black plastic.
The sides of this polished aluminum head unit has grooves cut into it to allow for the extruded aluminum hardware to me screwed into it. These units come shipped with Intel hardware, sorry AMD fans, you have to do a bit of work first.
With the TD02 I went ahead and removed the screws so you have a better idea of how easy this really is. Just remove the screws, pull out the Intel bits, add in the AMD ones and align the holes, and screw it into place. It doesn't get any easier.
Here the black fittings for the inlet and outlet of the coolant mixture, and as you can tell they do swivel all the way around until the tubing runs into the other fitting. This should give plenty of flexibility for most installations.
The 3-pin fan header comes out of the cap on these units, but I also took this shot so that you can fully appreciate the aesthetics of this on your CPU over some shiny black head unit with a white painted logo.
There are two things I want to address with the copper cold plate in this head unit, and something you will get nowhere else. The plastic sticker you need to remove is my first point, but the lack of any screws around the edges is something no one else has yet to deliver to an AIO.
Removing the plastic protective film allows a much better look at the surface. There is an arced milling across the entire plane of copper. This doesn't mean the surface deviates, as it does not change or allow light under the razor blade when set against this in various directions.
SilverStone uses the measurement of 310mm of tubing length, but my tape measure only has inches on it, and it is easy to see that there is just more than 12 inches of tubing, and if the fan connection for the head unit wasn't curved, it would also reach the one foot mark.
This radiator is 124mm from top to bottom and 278mm side to side the way I have it in this image. Both ends have white plastic caps applied to it, and this version offers 240mm by 120mm worth of cooling area.
With the much longer radiator, the gunmetal or charcoal grey used on the side skirting has been adapted to work on the TD02 as well. Yes those are screws, and yes if you wanted, you could remove this, but why on earth you would want to; that is way beyond me.
Judging simply by the fact of comparing the numbers found on the stickers of either AIO, this is either a serial number of the product line, or it is some sort of a date code.
Before we dive into the hardware and move along with the review, I thought maybe you would like to see the TD02 all-in-one image.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone Tundra TD02 AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hideo Kojima teases E3 2018 showcase for Death Stranding
- Super Smash Bros. roster leak suggests Metroid's Ridley
- Overwatch splash art spotted in Paladins advertisement
- Mowgli is a dark themed 'The Jungle Book', trailer released
- Razer's new Blade: smallest 15.6-inch gaming laptop ever
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit