On the whole, the 1542 card is definitely the best companion for your needs. Not only does it allow you to connect up two external drives but you also have the option of connecting two internal Serial ATA drives or two IDE drives using converters.
One thing we are not too happy on is the reduction factor. While Serial ATA is able to transfer 150MB/s, this card is limited to 133MB/s due to the UDMA-133 chipset used and the PCI bus limitations. However, this was more then enough for our drives which were simply ATA-100 IDE, since they were the only drives available to us at the time of testing. The main complaint is the startup time - It takes over 13 seconds for the BIOS to detect the drives and continue on to the OS boot - this is something which really needs to be fixed for future versions.
The enclosure is perfect in just about every way. It's light, compact and very useful in today's mobile storage age. With easy to use operations and installations, the unit is simple to use for just about anyone who needs to run mobile storage and RAID systems.
Overall Highpoint has done a great job on its first dual drive e.SATA device. Now we need one that uses Serial ATA drives rather than IDE.
Serial ATA protocol for thinner cables
Proprietary interface ports prevents third parties from producing solutions for this device
Uses ATA-133 rather than ATA-150 protocol
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Xbox saves work with Final Fantasy XV on PC
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit