By now, most of us know of Highpoint Technologies. If you don't, where have you been the past 3 years? Highpoint made a name for itself back when the UDMA standards had just hit 66Mb/s. Highpoint was the first to market with the HPT336 two port ATA-66 IDE controller chip. This chip was first adopted by ABIT on the BE6 motherboard. From here this chip was pushed to the limits, and even modified to allow RAID on the IDE system - the first ever on a desktop motherboard. Highpoint revised the chip to support RAID functions without having to modify the BIOS. This is where Highpoint took the market on hard and fast.
From there it has been a non-stop ride for Highpoint, ATA-100 and 133 standards gave the company more ground, as it took quite some time for the standards be integrated into Southbridges, and if you wanted the newer speeds, you needed an external chip, and Highpoint was the chip of choice.
Serial ATA has now given Highpoint another bite at the cherry. The well known IC solution provider has been producing Serial ATA cards now for some time, but it's not their internal Serial ATA that we are impressed with, more so their external Serial ATA solutions.
So far there is no standard for external Serial ATA. Highpoint has decided to taken on e.SATA, a new external Serial ATA interface using existing Serial ATA technologies.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- MoonQuest comes to Steam Early Access 7 years later
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1/2 screenshots & Rookie mode
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit