HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 Specifications
The HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 provides an average seek latency of 8.0ms and a sustained transfer rate of 172 MB/s for the SAS model, and 181/172 MB/s for the SATA models. This is delivered via a 6Gb/s connection and a 7,200 RPM speed. The Ultrastar 7K4000 series of HDDs comes in a standard 3.5" form factor.
For typical workloads, the drive pulls an average of 11.4 watts for read/write workloads, 6.9 Watts at idle and 5.7 Watts unload idle. Advanced Power Management allows five different modes to customize power characteristics. Some sleep and standby states pull as low as 1 Watt, creating a great option for cold data storage and replication environments.
The HGST naming convention can be a bit daunting for those unaccustomed to the nomenclature, but the specification sheet above has a handy decoder to the left of the chart. Models with encryption capabilities feature Bulk Data Encryption for SATA models and TCG Enterprise_A for SAS.
HGST has certified the Ultrastar 7K4000 as an EcoTrac design, denoting a halogen-free design and power inefficient operation.
The MTBF is rating pops out at a whopping two million hours, and there is a load/unload rating of 600,000 cycles. The HUS724040ALS64 series of HDDs is designed for an always-on usage model and is backed by a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard