The Twin Frozr has been at the front of MSI cards for years now and the latest Twin Frozr IV Advanced with its dual 10cm fans looks fantastic. Along with the massive heatsink that over hangs the top of the card, we can see a number of heat pipes coming out the bottom and the black PCB, something that always looks great on anything.
Moving around you can see as we swing around to the back we have the V-Check Points. Used in conjunction with the V-Check cables that are included in the bundle, you're able to get the true voltage of the GPU, Memory and PLL. While this continues to be something most people won't use, for those of you who go down the path of more extreme overclocking, this is indeed a handy feature and is used a lot.
Moving up to the top you can see that power comes from two 8-pin PCIe power connectors. This is definitely up from the standard dual 6-pin PCIe power connector setup that we've seen other companies to date offer from other GTX 760 cards. Staying across the top and moving closer to the front, you can see the standard dual SLI connectors in the event you want to run up to three of these cards together.
Finishing up with the I/O department, it's a very standard affair. We've got two Dual-Link DVI connectors in the form of a DVI-D and DVI-I. Along with them we've also got a HDMI Port and a DisplayPort connector.
Out of the box the GTX 760 HAWK from MSI carries with it quite a nice overclock. While like most companies they've chosen to leave the 2GB of GDDR5 alone at 6008MHz QDR. However, they've bumped the core up to a healthy 1111MHz, which is then boosted even higher to 1176MHz.
Being a HAWK card means we of course wanted to overclock it to see just what we could get out of it ourselves.
Starting with the core we eventually ended up at 1175MHz, which is then pushed even higher to 1240MHz via Boost. As for the 2GB of GDDR5, we managed to push that up to a healthy 6608MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy S9/S9+ revealed, launches March 16 and starts at $720
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit