Looking at the full picture, you may think this is in no way up to the standards the Athlon XP or Pentium 4 give us today, however, VIA is not aiming to take this out - not by a long shot. VIA's view of the EPIA is for the Home Theater and low end workstation market with a push on the office environment. At around $320 AU retail price on the latest VIA EPIA motherboards with just about everything you need onboard, it turns out to be a very cost effective system in the long run.
VIA's development on the latest EPIA core C3's has come a long way since the introduction of the original C3, and it shows in our latest tests. While still not able to claim current day game worthiness, it is worth more than a second or third look when it comes to an office station or home entertainment system. We look forward to future developments from VIA in this product area as they continue to improve.
Great for HTPC
Only one DIMM slot
No Serial ATA
Rating - 8.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World devs have no plans for Nintendo Switch
- God of War confirmed release date and new story trailer
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top