Test System Setup
Due to the nature of VIA EPIA systems, it is hard to compare it to the super we have today. With a little bit of effort, we managed to compare it against was a 1GHz C3 system using a Socket 370 connector and a 32MB S3 Savage 4 video card that we had stored away, which is similar in design to the Unichrome architecture.
We used 256MB of PC133 in the Socket 370 system and 256MB of DDR-266 memory in the M1000 system. Since these CPU's are NOT designed for games but office and video playback, we have only included these into the benchmark suite today.
SiSoft Sandra MAX3
SiSoft Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) MAX3 is a synthetic windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
Here we see that VIA has improved the 1GHz system platform in the EPIA over the external version.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ first DLC unlocks Broly, Bardock
- Final Fantasy XV PC mods can be whimsical and absurd
- Atari gets into crypto, offers Atari Token and Pong Token
- AMD offers free Ryzen APU so owners can flash their firmware
- SanDisk now shipping 400GB microSD card, pumps 100MB/sec
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- OWC ThunderBlade V4 4TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit