ROCCAT Hiro 3D Supremacy Surface Gaming Mousepad
ROCCAT also sent along the Hiro mousepad for me to test the Kone XTD on. The pad is 2.5mm thick and is 350mm wide and 250mm deep. It shows it offers speed and control, no-fray edges, ultra quiet gliding, and it is easy to clean. There are samples of the top and bottom materials used, and it says that this is field tested to work with up to 16,800 DPI before you lose sight of it.
The back of the Hiro offers a list of compatible mice at the top left corner, but then gets right into more features. The cover with Vulcanized silicone, the Covert-Tech surface, Power Bonded construction, the Force Field coating, and the use of top grade products.
Out of the packaging you will see that the entire top surface is black outside of the light blue ROCCAT name and logo and the name of this mousepad, Hiro.
Dropping in much closer to the logo you can see two things. One it the tight weave of the top cloth and the fact it is embedded into the silicone. The edges are wrapped and cut without any edged lines or anything that will get caught up by braided cables running across them.
The underside of this mousepad is made from top grade silicone to give you a surface that takes some impact and absorbs them or gives out of the way to be more comfortable. It is also what will give the Hiro a way to gain any traction on the desktop.
Just in case you missed it in the last image, the bottom of the Hiro isn't exactly all flat. ROCCAT adds the depressed name, logo and tag line to the back as just an added touch, it really serves little purpose.
Then of course we joined the Hiro with the Kone XTD. You get a much better feel for this smaller sized mousepad. While the Hiro has great features that should make it last a long time, it will set you back $49.99, but since the DPI of the Kone XTD is so high, you don't truly need a ton of room to move about.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Kone XTD Max Customization Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Inside of the Kone XTD]
- Page 7 [Software]
- Page 8 [ROCCAT Hiro 3D Supremacy Surface Gaming Mousepad]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter: World updated for Xbox One, patch 1.06
- Everything you need for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
- Sea of Thieves will have larger map/more ships beyond launch
- Sea of Thieves map will have 15 - 30 minute ship encounters
- Final Fantasy XV has PC-exclusive 'higher quality assets'
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit