Once the software is loaded and after a firmware update, you are delivered to this main control tab of the software. Here you can adjust the sensitivity, the lines of scrolling from the wheel, and even the horizontal tilt speed of the Titan Wheel. The right side will allow the change of each of the five levels for the DPI settings, and these are the default offerings. Lastly is the option to adjust the double click speed.
At the bottom of the main page there are also profile slots. When you click on them, you see this window above opens, allowing you to name the profile and tie applications it should be used for. It also states that once the exe is loaded the profile auto switches to the correct profile for that application.
The button assignment tab is pretty self explanatory. On the left side are all the default presets, but even those can be changed. The right side shows the default secondary usages, but I also left the dropdown window active so you get an idea of the options offered in this section.
Advanced controls tab offers the ability to get X and Y adjustments for the sensor, turn the TCU on or off, change the LOD, and even the polling rate on the left side. The right allows for sound feedback for various functions, has a pointer speed slider, and allows you to reset all settings to default if you mess things up.
Color control shows the four individual sections of the mouse that you can play with. As you pick a color for each, they will blend together across the middle of the mouse. You can set them all the same color if you want to, set the lighting effects, and even change the way the lighting is set to move across the Kone XTD.
The R.A.D tab will keep track of how much you use the Kone XTD with a points system. You can win trophies the more you use this device, and you even have the ability to share the trophies on the ROCCAT website for bragging rights. My stats aren't that bad considering I reset this software three times already.
The last tab does exactly what one would assume it does. That is to deliver a one click option to get driver and firmware updates on the left, and the button to the right will drop you to their main page, but there is the direct link and email option lower down that side.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Kone XTD Max Customization Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Inside of the Kone XTD]
- Page 7 [Software]
- Page 8 [ROCCAT Hiro 3D Supremacy Surface Gaming Mousepad]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fox flys Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto the Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- SEGA won't over rely on remasters and remakes
- Hacked Switches can now use USB mass storage HDDs
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam