ROCCAT Kone XTD Max Customization Gaming Mouse
The left of the Kone XTD has ROCCAT and the logo painted on the rubberized coating at the front. There is also a large depressed area to rest your thumb, along with a pair of easy to reach side buttons at the top edge.
The heel of the Kone XTD is low to the table and curved to fit the hand well. There is the off camber lean to the right from this angle, and along with the XTD painted at the edge, there is the outline of the ROCCAT logo surround the right LED strip that matches the one at the left.
To the right, the logo continues past the LED strip. Just to the right of that there is an indent for your fingers, but this isn't so much concave, as it is just sloping inward to the bottom, and reduces in width towards the front.
The lower section of the Kone XTD is matte, where the USB retention device is coming out of the center line of the mouse. You will also notice the off camber cut of the front edge so that the mouse is longer under your ring finger, as it should be.
The top of the Kone XTD has a shiny plastic ring surrounding the controls. The - is to lower the DPI and the + is to raise it. You then see the five-way Titan wheel with a rubber center ring for sure grip when used. You also get the button with three lines on it that is a Windows button.
Under this mouse you will find three PTFE feet. There are two smaller ones at the front and the third of which wraps all the way around the back third of it. There is the large sticker with the name, model and serial number of your device surrounding the Pro Aim Sensor R3 placed centralized here.
You have to twist the cap until the arrows align and then flip the cap into your hand by flipping the whole mouse over. Then you have access to use the steel weights included inside of the plastic box closets to you in the image.
You have the option to add up to 20 grams of weight to the already 90 gram mouse weight. Of course, they don't all have to go in, and you can even shift the weights around to try to offset your movements a bit, changing the center of gravity.
To connect the Kone XTD to your Windows based PC, you need to untie the twist tie and extend the 1.8 meters of cloth braided cabling. While I do like the odd shape of the USB 2.0 connection to make it easy to find, I do wish there was a Velcro strap to maintain the wires on the desk or for traveling.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Kone XTD Max Customization Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Inside of the Kone XTD]
- Page 7 [Software]
- Page 8 [ROCCAT Hiro 3D Supremacy Surface Gaming Mousepad]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard