If you have seen anything packaged by ROCCAT previously, this packaging will be very familiar to you. The flat back background offers great contrast to the blue used behind the image of the Kone XTD. There are all sorts of features listed as well, some with just a mention, and others with a bit of a story.
One magnet holds the front of the packaging in place for transit, but it also offers easy access to see the mouse and the additional information. That left side offers information on the EasyShift[+] system and the button layout. Then with the image of the mouse it points out the MCU and sensor used here.
With the front flap now shut, the right side of the packaging looks much cleaner. The flat black background with the shiny embossed ROCCAT name and logo is a sharp touch. Besides the product naming and the web address, there is an obvious arrow that shows how to get into the front panel.
The back starts with seven features being pointed out for the inside and the outside of the Kone XTD. It then offers a list of nine features that ROCCAT then repeats in nine other languages.
On this thinner side of the packaging ROCCAT delivers images of the sensor, the lighting, the TOCU system, ROCCAT R.A.D. section of the software and ROCCAT Talk. Along side of each of the images is a description of them so that you can familiarize yourself with the technology.
Even the bottom of the box has information to share. Here you will locate the package contents and specifications chart in some small text. Outside of that you have a quote from Dr. Erik J. Dale from ROCCAT and miscellaneous other things.
The top of the box also offers another look at the Kone XTD, but this time it is pointing out the Titan Wheel and the weight system. At the top right corner you also see icons of nine features.
Of course you have to protect the investment during transit, and to do so ROCCAT uses a two piece plastic tray that surrounds the mouse to keep it from moving, while also having sides that extend past the mouse to protect it from being crushed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Kone XTD Max Customization Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Inside of the Kone XTD]
- Page 7 [Software]
- Page 8 [ROCCAT Hiro 3D Supremacy Surface Gaming Mousepad]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Radeon Vega Instinct: refreshed 7nm Vega 20 hits AMD labs
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.36 after code
- Amazon Prime price will increase to $119 in May
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit