The first time I ever got to use a ROCCAT mouse, the EasyShift[+] feature is something that I did find hard to get used to at first. Persistence pays off with mice like this though, because once you get the hang of that particular system that only ROCCAT delivers, it truly does expand your horizons in productivity and gaming with the barrage of options now at the control of just a few fingers on your right hand. Going back to check my personal feelings at that time, what stood out the most was the functionality and plethora of optional controls. That isn't to say that the Kone[+] did not perform on the basic levels, it was just a perfect mix of software, pricing and performance that made many of my friends run out to get their own.
One might expect that ROCCAT was just doing a sensor upgrade, and then they would leave the rest of the design the same. That isn't the case here at all. Of course there is an Avago ADNS9800 laser sensor, but the megapixels and FPS of the tracking system get a bump, the IPS however stays the same. They also wrapped the rubber cable with a cloth braided mesh this time, addressed the ROCCAT logo on the mouse with an outline of it this time rather than the full colored version we saw previously, and the [+] on the left side has been changed to XTD. I know that last one is a bit snarky, but the last addition to this latest version of the Kone also offers something called the Titan Wheel. This is a new scroll wheel system that also offers quite the list of benefits.
Now you also get things like a fast micro processor, large data channel support, and of course that same awesome software, just this time customized specifically for this line of mice. All the things that were a hit with me before are still present, some things have improved, both technically and aesthetically, and I don't like to start off saying I am going to like something, but unless ROCCAT really kicked the pooch with this design, I don't see any way on paper how I could be disappointed.
So, why not just get down to it and see just what the new ROCCAT Kone XTD Max Customization gaming mouse is all about.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Kone XTD Max Customization Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Inside of the Kone XTD]
- Page 7 [Software]
- Page 8 [ROCCAT Hiro 3D Supremacy Surface Gaming Mousepad]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Buying every Mortal Kombat 11 skin costs $6,440
- Cheaper Switch model coming in June, sources say
- Call of Duty 2019 hyped at private playtest event
- Next-gen Switch isn't happening, sources at Nintendo say
- Nintendo Switch firmware update brings system to 8.0.1
- Fitbit Versa Lite Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Powerr ON By Keyboard not work. Gigabyte AORUS B360M
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare Brings 'Mechs to the City on June 4th
- Goblin and Coins 2 (officially) announced
- Athenascope's AI-Powered Highlights Effortlessly Capture Top Gameplay Moments with the Launch of Official Windows App
- Power Up Lahn and Hunt for Rewarding Eggs This Week in Black Desert SEA
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)