First Look and Diving In
It's always exciting to see a PC that is 1/3 the size of your normal computer yet can still hold the latest graphics cards and a couple hundred gig of hard drive space. And as far as style goes, the most discerning will sit and notice how sleek the black XPC is.
Spinning it around, quickly you notice a few things - First off the USB, Firewire and sound ports at the front, and optical ports at the rear as well as a place to attach the antenna for wireless LAN through its onboard 802.11B controller.
When having a quick look at it, the only thing you really want to do is open it up and stick all your hardware in and boot it up and get things on the move.
- The Contents
Included in the retail box is everything you need to get your XPC up and running. We have the XPC manual, CD to install the drivers (not that we recommend using the ones found on the CD since newer drives will be online), Serial ATA cable, a cut up IDE cable so it easily fits in the case as well as a floppy cable and finally your antenna to get your wireless LAN up and running in no time.
- I.C.E. Cooling
The Integrated Cooling Engine or I.C.E as it is known is what keeps the XPC running cool enough to work without any problems. Using the widely known heat pipe technology, you get a good understanding on how it works simply by looking at it. The fan cools what pretty much is a radiator with pipes going down to the block which is on top of the processor. The fan cools the pipes, the pipes cool the block and the block cools the processor. It's quite easy to understand heat pipe technology as it is simple in nature and why it is used in such a case like this.
If a fan was placed directly on top of the block, the processor would have trouble getting the air it needed to cool the processor effectively.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Shuttle SB65G2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Shuttle SB65G2 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Shuttle SB65G2 - Page 3 [First Look and Diving In]
- Shuttle SB65G2 - Page 4 [Diving In Continued]
- Shuttle SB65G2 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Shuttle SB65G2 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- Shuttle SB65G2 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001]
- Shuttle SB65G2 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- Shuttle SB65G2 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Shuttle SB65G2 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Shuttle SB65G2 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- Shuttle SB65G2 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- Shuttle SB65G2 - Page 13 [Shuttle's Latest BIOS]
- Shuttle SB65G2 - Page 14 [ClearView]
- Shuttle SB65G2 - Page 15 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- Jaybird X3 Wireless Earbud Review
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ