Specifications, Availability and Pricing
With a Lian Li chassis, you expect aluminum, either natural or anodized black, and this is exactly what you get in the PC-TU100 Mini-Tower. The amazing thing about this all aluminum construction that makes up this industrial suitcase feel is that it only stands 277mm tall without the handle. It is only 252mm from front to back, sits at 170mm in width, and empty it weighs less than 2kg. Just like with most of the Lian Li offerings, you can get this in both the natural and anodized versions I mentioned, and if you continue on, you will see that every component is constructed of aluminum, and I mean everything. The only steel found on this chassis is in the few rivets and screws used to hold in some of the components of the interior.
Speaking of the interior, the offerings may seem pretty slim, but in reality, you can build a pretty decent system still. At the top you have an option to use a Slim ODD, but if you want this as an HTPC to play other media, you can also stash a 2.5" storage drive in here. There is no room assigned to the standard 3.5" hard drives, but there are two more trays on the floor of the chassis that will accept 2.5" drives. In the back of the chassis there are two expansion slots provided for video cards less than 190mm in length, and this is also where you would mount the SFX power supply, no longer than 170mm, over the CPU cooler. This is why there is 60mm of room for CPU cooling on either a Mini-ITX or Mini-DTX motherboard. The chassis also offers a single 140mm fan to cool the chassis and a front I/O with Native USB 3.0.
Last I knew the PC-TU100 was to be released in late June, but that time has since been and gone, and I don't see any ETA information in the listing I did find. While the press releases all refer to an MSRP of $110, the out of stock, pre-release page for this chassis has a price of $129.99, with an additional $9.99 in shipping. To be real honest, this is a very nice chassis for $110, but when you are getting much closer to $150 to actually obtain one to your door, it really changes my views on this chassis.
While I am certain you will find the chassis very cool, something you would like to try out once in your life, and if you don't mind some modding, this is a chassis with a lot of potential, but at $150 there are just way too many other options. I will give Lian Li this, there is only one other option aesthetically similar, and they built that too, and aside from maybe the Prodigy, there aren't many this easy to tote around in style.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- The Witcher 3 is a sales revenue monster
- Titan Quest arrives on consoles
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- GA-B85M-D3PH Modded Bios set VCore above 1.2
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit