MEKA G1 Illuminated Continued
Dead center on the back edge, you find this half inch diameter plastic wire retainer with the white and black braided cable coming out of it.
Flipping the keyboard onto its face, you can see there are four large pads to keep the keyboard in place, and there is the pair of feet that will adjust if desired at the back. There is a QC sticker just above the main product sticker that holds all the information needed for support purposes.
The feet in the back will flip out to offer a much more ergonomic angle to use the MEKA G1 Illuminated. You can also see that the rubber pads are so soft that they have every bit of lint on the table stuck to them, even so they still grip well even on the glass top used for all my images.
Just inside the set of rubber front pads, you will find a rectangular hole inside of a sectioned off area on both sides of the front edge. These are designed to easily accept the clips from the palm-rest that is included.
To make the connection of the palm-rest and the keyboard, just line up the latches on the palm-rest, and push down on them; they snap right into place. To remove it, you will need to squeeze the tabs together to allow them to "let go" of the keyboard.
With both components now together, the palm-rest does help raise your hands off the desk top a bit, and for some it will fix the fact that the front edge of most mechanicals are high, but here that edge is rounded to help to alleviate such problems.
Then of course there is the other end of that large cable coming from the keyboard. There is a huge ferrite choke used as the braid ends and the individual USB and audio wires come out in black rubberized coating to allow flexibility and easy connectivity to the rear I/O panel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Radeon Vega Instinct: refreshed 7nm Vega 20 hits AMD labs
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.36 after code
- Amazon Prime price will increase to $119 in May
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit