Here we get our first look at the QNAP TS-421. The TS-420 looks identical other than the LCD screen behind the tinted window and the control buttons to the right of the screen. There are four easy to access drive sleds just under the screen. On the lower left side is the power and USB copy button that surrounds the USB 2.0 port.
The copy function is quite impressive for a consumer market device. To use the feature, you just plug your thumb drive or external storage into the port and hit the copy button. The data copy goes to a specific folder on the NAS and then you can access it from your other devices.
This side of the NAS has a vent to keep the processor and RAM cool. The TS-421 has a small footprint, so it will fit easily on a shelf or on top of a file cabinet.
The TS-421 has a quiet fan that keeps the NAS and the HDDs inside cool. Along the right side of the 421 is where we found the I/O ports. Two eSATA ports at the top, then two gigabit Ethernet ports, two USB 3.0 ports, a single USB 2.0 port and finally the connector for power.
The display shows more than just a welcome message. You can use the display and configuration buttons to set your NAS IP and several other settings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [QNAP TS-421]
- Page 6 [Configuration Menus]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 1 HDD / JBOD]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 10]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 5]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 6 and Single Client Wrap-up]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- ASUS: Z270 platform could work with Coffee Lake CPUs
- GTX 1070 Ti leaked benchmarks: easily beats RX Vega 56
- GIGABYTE's upcoming GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming spotted
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz