It now seems that companies are starting to push forward on new automatic overclocking and optimization systems as a way to boost system performance without actually physically "Overclocking". With specifications allowing for small leeway in bus and voltage specs, it's only natural for companies to squeeze every last drop out of the spec speeds.
Gigabyte is the second company to bring optimization control to the desktop board, with MSI being the first with Core Cell. We see the GT technology as a step forward that most motherboard manufacturers will start to adopt as a selling point to the lesser informed PC users.
This is one of Gigabyte's best value motherboards that has been released for quite some time. Overclocking features were a mixed bag - great FSB selections and CPU voltage options were only soured by the low DIMM voltages.
Overall Gigabyte has put out a good motherboard for its starting line in the GT 2004 family that is due to come.
C.I.A and M.I.B technology
Native Serial ATA
CSA Gigabit Ethernet
Low maximum DIMM voltage
4 pin power connector needs thought
Rating - 8.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 3 [Features]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 4 [Overclocking]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- 8IPE1000 Pro 2 GT2004 - Page 14 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard