Western Digital Slim (WD10SPCX) 1TB HDD
Our review sample of the WD Slim was delivered in bare drive form. The top side of the drive reminding me of a solid state drive rather than a spinner.
The bottom of the drive houses the capacity, listed at 1TB along with the date of manufacture, which for our sample was May 21st 2013.
The SATA power and data connections are placed in position for wide compatibility.
The WD Slim uses just a sliver of a PCB when compared to previous drives. Above you can see the very small tabs that connect the PCB to the motor, along with the clip for the head.
Here we have the front facing portion of the PCB, the motor controller made by WD and Winbond supplying the 16MB cache.
The backside of the PCB houses the Marvell 88i9446 controller.
Weighing the WD Slim, the drive came in at 3.15 ounces.
Here we have the WD Slim at its thickest point measuring in at 7.09mm.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:31 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Western Digital Slim (WD10SPCX) 1TB HDD]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BootRacer and Resume from S4 Hibernation]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]